Best Places to advertise - Posted by BryanSC

Posted by Kristy on June 30, 2002 at 23:54:17:

I’m glad I read this post. I was getting ready to go out and put signs up this week in the day time. Guess that’s not a good idea! We usually do the Wholesale/Retail thing, but want to do L/O’s and Subject to’s. Not as much money involved and not the high interest that we usually pay. Thanks guys…

Best Places to advertise - Posted by BryanSC

Posted by BryanSC on June 30, 2002 at 14:26:34:

I have had some success fidning deals through the paper and recently picked up a nice house that my contractor made me aware of. I am thinking of doing some postcard mailings or newspaper advertising in order to locate more sellers.

Just looking for some experience here as to which methods work best.

Thanks,

BryanSC

Re: Best Places to advertise - Posted by T.C.

Posted by T.C. on July 01, 2002 at 13:37:36:

In my area,I’m member with agency for $12.50 mth where current Pre-Foreclosure Notices (1st stage) from lenders are filed. Once/week I get NEW reports w/ claim # thru fax/e-mail,head to courthouse public records, review details by claim # ( name,address, $ in arrears whole 9 yards) before mailing flyers.
I did quite a bit of homework on finding this agency, apparently very few investors in my area do!

Do you have something like that where you live?

Re: Best Places to advertise - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on June 30, 2002 at 15:13:04:

it has been my experience that bandit signs get the most calls. ive tried mailers, newpaper ads, bandit signs, cold calling, referrals, birddogs, and a few other options to date. overall, bandit signs got probably 5 tiomes as many calls as any other method.

my biggest problem with bandit signs is they are aggrevating, a small price to pay for business success, but aggrevating nonetheless. i dnot enjoy running around in the middle of the night driving and stopping, driving and stopping, searching for good posting spots and the such. but for the calls they generate, it is a minor irritation i deal with.

Re: Best Places to advertise - Posted by JX

Posted by JX on June 30, 2002 at 21:30:11:

LOL. I highly agree that the stopping and going part really stinks. Especially when you’re trying not to get caught by police!

Putting signs on supermarket bulletin boards works too. Just print the ad off your computer on neon paper and you’re set to go.