Best Mobile Homes? - Posted by Marco

Posted by Fred-Ohio on November 25, 2000 at 10:51:24:

Marco:

MH buyers don’t ask about make amd model; they ask" how much down and what is the payment?". Starting out I recommend that you purchase a 77 to 85 unit for $3000 t0 $5000 from a Don’t Wanter who is highly motivated to sell and get on with their life.
Buy one that needs practically no repairs to start with. Plan on taking 2-3 months to sell it and add that cost to your purchase price and then double that total to get your selling price. You CAN find don’t wanters who will sell a MH as described for the $ amount listed; hit the parks, talk to park managers and call FSBOs till you find one that will work for you.

Good Luck,

Fred-Ohio

Best Mobile Homes? - Posted by Marco

Posted by Marco on November 24, 2000 at 16:23:44:

Hello -

I have a short question:

Which are the best MH’s to invest in? (Make/Model and years?) Which are the ones that newbies (like me) should
stay away from?

Thanks (and happy thanks giving)!
Marco

Eyeball Test - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on November 26, 2000 at 11:25:18:

Just look at the things, your eyeballs will give the best answer. I haven’t discovered any models that are “bad”, though Schults DO sell well and have a good reputation. Pre-1976 have special issues (wiring!) and should be very carefully inspected before buying…most lending institutions will not finance those and the general perception is in favor of homes built from 1985 on…with that said, halfof what I’ve sold is older than '85!

John Hyre

Re: Best Mobile Homes? - Posted by Jskony

Posted by Jskony on November 26, 2000 at 10:26:59:

I have extensive experience and have seen alot of homes, we are currently selling Schult homes. They are the best I have dealt with. Good luck.