BANK FORECLOSURE - Posted by Tammy

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on November 08, 2000 at 23:14:02:

Go to the local court house or clerk’s office and look up the mortgage. It will show the original lender’s name…although the loan or the servicing may have been transferred since.

But it doesn’t really matter if the mortgage has already been foreclosed. If it was a Fannie Mae loan, they have already paid off the lender and Fannie Mae will eventually list the property with a local broker.

Brian (NY)

BANK FORECLOSURE - Posted by Tammy

Posted by Tammy on November 08, 2000 at 18:47:46:

How can I locate what bank has foreclosed on a house I am interested in. The only infomation I was able to find was that the residents had a Fannie Mae loan.

Re: BANK FORECLOSURE - Posted by G.MacLean

Posted by G.MacLean on November 08, 2000 at 23:14:03:


This is fairly simple process. If you have the address, call your County Property Appraiser and get the previous owners names. Then head down to the County Records center and look them up on the computer or in some counties, the fiche. What you are looking for is the mortgage document and any assignments of the mortgage. This will basically tell you who they borrowed money from in the beginning.

Another way would be to look up the foreclosure case. The Plantiff in the case will be the mortgage company that foreclosed. If they are large enough to have an REO dept., you could contact them directly.

Good Luck!