Bandit signs - Posted by tom nunes

Posted by Tim Jensen on July 04, 2001 at 14:06:28:

David,

I have not been to your site in a long time, so I was unsure. It is good to know that you offer colored backgrounds.

Take Care,

Tim

Bandit signs - Posted by tom nunes

Posted by tom nunes on July 03, 2001 at 23:20:35:

Hi,

I’ve read much on this site about bandit signs. I wanted to know if anyone is getting good consistent results with them? What strategy do you use to keep them posted for a long time? Do they pull more than the Penny Saver Ads? I’m paying $50 per week for the Penny Saver Ad at a year rate, down from $85 per week, and I’m looking for a more cost effective way to advertise. Although, I must say the Penny Saver ad has generated 7 calls in 2 weeks but no deals yet.

Thanks in Advanced,
Tom Nunes
tanunes_us@hotmail.com

Re: Bandit signs - Posted by Chicago Chris

Posted by Chicago Chris on July 05, 2001 at 14:21:15:

Tom,

I ordered my signs from banditsigns.com and have been very pleased. I was paying nearly $500 per month to for a 4 line ad in the Chicago Sun-Times. After I bought my signs on which I spent about $150.00 to get 30 or 40 of them, I put up about 20 and now refuse to place any more ads in the paper! It is just not worth it. I’d rather spend the difference on some door-hangers or something.

With my ad I got maybe 5 calls a week. Maybe. My signs bring in maybe 10 calls. And I can target my signs to the exact areas I’m interested in. Plus, people see my signs everyday and I don’t have to hope that they will go to the real estate section.

Unlike Tim, I haven’t had the guts to put my signs on any lightpoles or stoplights yet. I usually place them on abandoned properties near high-traffic intersections (which says something about my market!).

And unless someone takes them down, they stay up forever! There are signs that have been up for years around Chicago just steadily pulling in prospects.

You should definitely try them.

Chris

Re: Banditsigns.com - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on July 04, 2001 at 07:08:45:

Tom,

I would contact the above mentioned website. You can get a small quantity of signs for a very reasonable price. Buy 10 signs, put them up. If they work great, if the don’t you do not have a lot invested.

Finally, I think its a great idea that you went ahead and placed your ad in the paper for a whole year. I have found that by having your ad in the paper for a long time adds crediability. Also, do not get discouraged when your ad stops drawing. I have found that sometimes, I stop getting calls for a month or so then it just starts picking up again.

Good Luck,
Tim

Re: Banditsigns.com - Posted by tom nunes

Posted by tom nunes on July 04, 2001 at 07:27:42:

Thanks Tim…

I’ve got a few question for you.

1)Do you use the blue/white signs or do you find another color scheme works better?

2)I want to get the 'I BUY HOUSES “FAST CASH” '. What do you put in text lines 1 and in text line 2? It might seem like a stupid question but the site doesn’t provide a means to proof the work and I didn’t want to make any costly errors.

3)Where do you put them up? Do you ask homeowners to put them on their property? or just tack them up at busy intersections and hope no one tears them down? What should I be looking for?

Thanks In Advance,
Tom

Re: Banditsigns.com - Posted by Travis (Dallas)

Posted by Travis (Dallas) on July 04, 2001 at 09:15:40:

I had the same problem understanding the text areas on the web site. David Alexander said that the blue highlighted area does not show on the sign. The sign is all white & simply has blue letters on it. You basically just write in words or phone numbers in the blank text area of the web site screen.
I hope this helps.
Travis

Re: Banditsigns.com - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on July 04, 2001 at 07:40:12:

Tom,

1. I have 18" x 24" signs. They have a yellow background with red letters. What I would reccommend yellow background with black letters,. If you can only get a white back. I would use red letters. Just my opinion.

2. My signs say: I BUY
    HOMES!
    558-4663

I like the simple message. I have mine printed on 3 lines.

1. I was putting the signs on telephone poles and abandon buildings. However, the city would rip down my signs. Also, I got a call from the local alderman and she was real upset that I was putting them up on boraded up buildings. So, as of late, I have slowed my sign campaign. If I was you, I would put them on telephone poles at busy intersections where people will be stopped ie- stop lites or stop signs. You could also put them up on boarded up house too. DO NOT BE AFFRAID OF GETTING THE CITY MAD! They may get upset with your signs, but chances are they will just call you and ask you to take them down and not fine you the first time. If that happens you can just put the signs up outside city limits or place them on a property you already own. The point I am making is, do not be affraid to put of signs because you might get caught. Put the signs up then wait and see what happenes. Like I said, the city should not fine you the first time you put the signs up.

Good Luck,

Tim Jensen

Re: Banditsigns.com - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 04, 2001 at 13:31:55:

There is a order form up for completely custom stuff now. To get qauntity breaks you have to order all the same type sign, though.

Anything can be ordered now, Red on white, white on red… yellow with Black, two color, etc, etc…

David Alexander