Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 10, 2001 at 14:13:22:

Stunning reply.

I guess if that blistering post “Showed You” then You clearly are in the right line of work. No One would ever disagree with you in buying houses. I am sure you do live in a rosy world but …

I am not sure where you come to the understanding that it is a matter of ethics and morals. I am quite certain I never said that.

But I am sure with your amazing perception you decided to determine, and establish my moral code for me. That does appear to be the case for the emotionally radical moral raising front.

With that said, as I clearly stated before, I choose NOT to get into a conversation as to the right or wrong with it.

Just as Mr. Reed will tell you the Due On sale is wrong, I like that way that deal plays out. So I do it.

But hey, Have a Great Day.

I am gonna take my kids to the park and show them all the wonderful signs that have globs of paint on them. Or have been spray painted with cuss words by the slasher. They look so good for the parks. I will have them wear helmets so they don’t get hit by the buzz saw used on the signs.

Keep up the great contribution to the site.

Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 09, 2001 at 14:44:24:

Wow, I was just looking at the following site, and had no idea people hated bandit signs so much. Then again, I’ve never seen so many signs as in the pictures on this website. It DOES look terrible at some of these Houston intersections. Luckily, Phoenix hasn’t gotten this out of control (except during elections).

http://community-2.webtv.net/rainbodeklown/BANDITSIGNS/

dew(CO), are you a member of this militant group? (just teasing, kiddo)

Stacy

what law? - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on July 10, 2001 at 07:31:37:

If you can’t put out signs in yards then how do all the political signs stay? Hmmmmm
Enforce them all or none. Show me the law code.
Dee-Texas

Re: Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by Alan Paine in Houston

Posted by Alan Paine in Houston on July 09, 2001 at 22:41:45:

How did you find this group of nuts. You put out signs on Friday night. By 8am Saturday they are gone. This really can hurt the pocket book.

There is a strip where the photos were taken that has a large number of middle class / working class subdivisions. The weight loss and satalite signs are everywhere. For fun my wife and I like to ride and see all Terry (Houston) signs painted and slashed. LOL!

I would offer we compromise with the so called sharks, signs only on the weekend if we pick them up Sunday night.

I have wondered who was behind these terroristic attacks. The signs go from unnoticed to garbage by there actions. Most bandit signs are invisible to people unless they are looking for the message on them. When the signs are mutilated they stand out.

Hey Terry want to invite a clown over for a party?

I Don’t mind - Posted by Tim_AZ

Posted by Tim_AZ on July 09, 2001 at 21:39:18:

I live in Phoenix (actually Chandler) and I see these bandit signs all the time. Honestly, I couldn’t see wasting my time making a website against these signs. I really don’t mind looking at them. Every weekend, there are dozens of home builder bandit signs. This is how home builders get business, which sells homes, which grows the economy, which makes my life better. It’s a free country, and people should be able to advertise their business. Some of the signs advertise “part time, $5000 per month” businesses. To me, this seems a difficult business, and sooner or later, if it fails, the people won’t put their signs out anymore. But we don’t need more laws to “protect us” from bandit signs.

(But I wouldn’t mind seeing less political signs around November!)

Tim_AZ

Re: Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 09, 2001 at 15:24:11:

Yes They are. I get a few phone calls every know and then, who doesn’t, but the Slasher is well know.

We told him about Austin and Dallas but he won’t go there.

Maybe AZ???

Re: what law? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 10, 2001 at 11:06:18:

Hi Dee-

I just saw this on the website I referred to:

"amazingly the law is many times placed on political campaign signs… many times can be seen placed illegally on public right-o-ways…THE LAW: “WARNING: Placement, posting, or erection of this material (sign) within the City of Houston is regulated by Sections 28-38 of the city’s Code or Ordinance and Chapter 46 of the city’s Building Code; violation thereof is punishable by a fine of up to 500 dollars. NOTICE: It is a violation of State Law (Chapters 392 and 393, transportation code) to place this sign in the right-of-way of a highway.”

I know in Phoenix, there are special allowances for political signs, but still regulated. Interesting how different communities deal with this issue. I just want to know how other investors deal with it, so I can form my own strategy.

Stacy

Re: Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on July 09, 2001 at 20:07:59:

If there’s an ordinance against those signs why would you continue to put them out? Doesn’t that give investors a bad name?

I think we all could find better to market ourselves without violating any laws.

Brian

Re: Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 09, 2001 at 18:41:13:

Hey, Terry, you can keep him. Thanks for the offer, anyway.

I’m curious. Since you violate a city ordinance by posting your bandit signs, do you get any calls (warnings) from the city? If so, do you just ignore them? No fines so far?

Stacy

Guess this topic isnt going to die… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 10, 2001 at 03:44:21:

Do you Speed, that’s a violation…

Have you ever illegally parked. The problem with these guys going out and slashing signs is sorta like having a vigilante… If someone parks there car wrong or in the wrong place you dont go destroying persoanl property over it…

One doesnt make the other right.

Signs are a form of advertising that work…very well I might add.

David Alexander

Money? - Posted by Scott (AZ)

Posted by Scott (AZ) on July 09, 2001 at 20:22:25:

If you could make $100’s per month and $1000’s or even 10’s of $1000’s on the sale from a sign, wouldn’t you consider it?

Do you also have a problem with violating the Due-On-Sale clause?

Scott

Thank You - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 09, 2001 at 20:15:20:

for your input. I will remember that.

There are places where it is legal. Other than that I choose not to get into a debate about my marketing. Feel free to make your choices, I will make mine.

I will sleep well tonight, providing that my children, who I have to feed, do not keep me up too late.

Re: Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 09, 2001 at 19:46:39:

There are places that I will, so I try and stay away from there.

I get calls from irate people and try to treat them nice. Believe it or not. If they get real angry I yell back tell them my name when they ask, Alan Paine.

That’s P A I N E and I live at …

Oppppps

Too much info there. Of course half the time I swear I hear Cindy cacklin in the back ground. (Just kidding on the yelling back part)

The person I have putting them out, puts a lot out around the city. She knows where to go and where not to. She tells me where not to if I say HEYYYYY what about over…

Just my thoughts.

Terry

Re: Bandit Signs Hated in Houston? - Posted by SandyFL

Posted by SandyFL on July 09, 2001 at 19:10:36:

I saw where some guy was talking about these trucks (“with the ghostbuster symbol on it” he said) on David Alexander’s site, banditsigns.com I guess some people have nothing better to do. No, the intersections in Lauderdale don’t look like that either.

By the way, the creator of the site uses terrible music. Bleah! LOL

SandyFL

Re: Morally corrupt - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 10, 2001 at 12:04:33:

I won’t answer your question regarding speeding, but suffice to say if I decided to drive the speed limit around Phoenix, I’d get run over. There are just so many “unethical” people driving around here!

I don’t want to make this issue bigger than it is, but I’ve got to say what I think about it. If I should die and my headstone ends up with the inscription, “Here lies a man who put up bandit signs. May God have mercy on his soul”, I sure hope my family will be able to live with the shame I’ve brought to the family name. A husband and a father with no morals or ethics…how tragic.

Stacy

I guess - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on July 10, 2001 at 10:23:44:

I guess you told me.

I see that it’s a matter of ethics and morals. I get plenty of deals without violating any laws.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Brian

Gee Terry, you are just NO fun! LOL (nt) - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on July 09, 2001 at 21:52:10:

That’s OK, As long as you have my name on… - Posted by Alan Paine in Houston

Posted by Alan Paine in Houston on July 09, 2001 at 22:18:47:

The closing documents.

I tell everyone that my name is Terry W@$&@!. And I ask Beverly to be quite in the background I’m on the phone. Even have a tape of kids running around to add some realism to it. LOL!!!

Cindy has been called by one of the smaller cities warning her not to put out our sign in his area. We will never put our signs there.

She has been sent home by the constibles office once and Houston’s finist once. I sit home with the bail money!

We are going to start using a pro to put out our signs. Do less, get more.

I was amazed at the wasted energy and hate this person has for a business person trying to make a living. If they would use that energy to help people with problems…

Lastly, Did you notice the guy is a trained clown, must be hiding alot of hate and pain behing his face paint.