Bandit Sign Phone Number - Posted by Karl

Posted by adam on July 07, 2006 at 17:09:49:

i use a 24hr message but it is a local number

Bandit Sign Phone Number - Posted by Karl

Posted by Karl on July 07, 2006 at 14:55:56:

I’m asking those, who have successfully used bandit signs, what phone number is best to use, the 24 hour recorded message only or my local cell number that contacts me directly?

Re: Bandit Sign Phone Number - Posted by les

Posted by les on July 07, 2006 at 21:45:18:

When I first started out I had all calls come to my number directly. I wanted to talk to everybody. I felt it was a great way to learn. It was. Now when I do very “targeted” marketing I still have that come to me directly. General marketing (which to me includes bandit signs) goes to an 800 number with messages.

Re: Bandit Sign Phone Number - Posted by DP (ON)

Posted by DP (ON) on July 07, 2006 at 17:12:25:

I use signs mainly for selling so this may not be exactly what you’re looking for.

I no longer put a phone number on my signs, only my website, it’s a much more efficent use of my time since there are so many tire-kickers. But when I did use a phone line I had them all go to a 24 hour message because there’s no way I could handle the volume of calls I got if they all went to my direct line.

Sellers are a bit different they often need more hand-holding. If you’re getting a small number of highly qualified leads then I would say a cell phone or a live answering service is a good idea.

Signs are more of a shotgun approach though, so I lean more toward the 24 hour message. One thing I’ve found is that in my area very few sellers fill out the form on my website, so a toll-free call capture line is next on my to-get list.