'Back Title' ? - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 24, 2001 at 12:13:54:

nt

‘Back Title’ ? - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 23, 2001 at 12:59:37:

I’m working with a new attorney who’s asking for a “back title” from one of my properties. Is this the ‘Affidavit of Title’ or the Title insurance policy?

Re: ‘Back Title’ ? - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on July 23, 2001 at 14:13:47:

we refer to back title as the title search done when the current owner bought the property. usually the owner doesn’t have this but the attorney/title insurance company that handles the sale when the current owner bought, will have back title in their files.

Re: ‘Back Title’ ? - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Mark (WV) on July 23, 2001 at 13:34:04:

IB .
I am assuming that he means prior title,or thats what my att. means when using that term.In your case it could mean ,if you retained owner ship your last deed or the person that owned it before you if just now buying the property.
Mark

Re: ‘Back Title’ ? - Posted by ib (nj)

Posted by ib (nj) on July 23, 2001 at 16:18:12:

so this would be the title insurance policy that was issued when I purchased the property?

Thanks Mark… - Posted by ib (nj)

Posted by ib (nj) on July 23, 2001 at 13:54:53:

then in my case, that would be the Affadavit of title showing me having purchased the property. Thanks again.

Not exactly - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on July 23, 2001 at 19:11:38:

back title is the title search, showing who has owned the property in the last 60 to 100 years and any and all leins on the property. If the back title is reliable, then you can do a bring down search from the cover date of the back title and save the repetition of doing the last 60 to 100 years.
Title insurance is an insurance policy insuing that the searcher didn’t make any mistakes.