BACK DOOR TO ABANDONED PROPERTIES - Posted by DPBrown

Posted by JD on July 16, 2001 at 10:44:05:

Deed of Trust

BACK DOOR TO ABANDONED PROPERTIES - Posted by DPBrown

Posted by DPBrown on July 15, 2001 at 09:28:47:

I have Joe Kaiser’s Hunt for Abandoned Properties, and would like to hear from anyone who has acquired title to properties by using “the back door”…Placing a lien…forcing foreclosure or by any other techniques.

Re: BACK DOOR TO ABANDONED PROPERTIES - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on July 15, 2001 at 23:36:28:

how does this work ? If you place a lien for say $300 or $1000, yes you have possibly forced a forclosure auction sale but it is now open to the public for bidding and on a good property the bidding price may go beyond your comfort zone. OR are you talking about placing a very high lien ($15000-$20000 ++). How would this lien be justified ?

Re: BACK DOOR TO ABANDONED PROPERTIES - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on July 15, 2001 at 18:37:45:

I have been kicking around the same problem lately on a few different properties. One is a house, the others are vacant lots. The owner of the house is in a nursing home and can’t sell because of Medicare rules. The vacant lot owners are dead. There are no existing liens, DOT’s or judgments. Thoughts I have had include weed cutting liens, and unjust enrichment judgments. But nothing which I consider bullet proof. Let me know if you come up with something.

um…stupid questions but - Posted by todd

Posted by todd on July 16, 2001 at 07:36:38:

what is DOT’S? I dont have my de-coder ring on today.
thanks