Attn. Russ Whitney - Posted by TPS

Posted by cookie on March 08, 2001 at 09:42:17:

I live in Milw, WI. What part of town do you invest in?

Attn. Russ Whitney - Posted by TPS

Posted by TPS on March 07, 2001 at 22:56:06:

Dear Mr. Whitney,
I have just joined this board(today) and I have to say that I am delighted to hear that you are part of the group. I would first off like to tell you from my self and my family THANK YOU! In 1996 I lived in Cape Coral, Fl, which is your home town…one late evening night I was flipping the channels and came across a local cable program regarding real estate that you were the guest on, I believe this was before you became as global as you are now.
At anyrate… you had me completely mezmerized for the 30 min you were on. The following day I rushed out to the local Barnes and Nobel and bought your book. At that time I was 26y/o and didn’t have a pot to pee in!!! I had always have had an acute interest in RE, but didn’t know how to get started. I now am the owner of 5 units about to add 3 more and have a net worth ( due only to real estate) exceeding $200,000 and a positve cash flow each month of $2000/mo.
I know that there are much more elaborate success stories out there, this isn’t one. Just a very sincere THANK YOU! I fully intend to become a full-time investor over the next few years and would like you to knwo that your book is still in my possesion and like to refresh my reading as often as possible.
sorry to bore the rest of the listers, but there seems to be alot of doubters in the group and I would like to be the first to say that this man has caused me to change my life, futher more… if you took the time to read his material, you will find his home phone number in the pages. At least in mine it’s there…don’t know if its still published. I found it profound that anyone of this magnitude would be willing to publish his home phone, willing to help others, need not be doubted.

Sincerely
Tim Sidders
Milw, Wi

Re: Attn. Russ Whitney - Posted by dan reeder

Posted by dan reeder on July 26, 2001 at 21:00:21:

HE MAY BE FOR REAL BUT NOT FROM WHAT I CAN TELL SO FAR. I WENT TO THE WORKSHOP A FEW WEEKS AGO AND DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PURCHASE THE PROGRAM BUT I LEFT WITH KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO MAKE MONEY SO I CAN PURCHASE IT LATER. AT LEAST, SO I THOUGHT.

FIRST, RUSS DIDNT SHOW UP, HIS SON DID BUT WASNT THE FEATURED SPEAKER. INDTEAD, IT WAS A GUY WHO USED TO PLAY FOR THE MONTREAL CANADIENS HOCKEY TEAM. HE SPOKE VERY FAST AND IT WAS HARD TO TAKE NOTES. HE ALSO ASKED FOR PEOPLE TO NOT ASK QUESTIONS. HE SAID THERE WOULD BE A CHANCE TO ASK QUESTIONS AT THE END OF THE MEETING. …THERE WASNT.

MY BIGGEST PROBLEM WAS THAT I TRIED TO APPLY WHAT HE SAID TO DO TO MAKE MONEY SO I COULD USE IT TO PUT TOWARD ONE OF THE SYSTEMS OF GETTING INTO A HOUSE OR TO USE IT TO PURCHASE RUSS’S SYSTEM.

I CONTACTED NUMEROUS BANKS TO GET INFO ABOUT PROPERTIES THE BANKS FORECLOSED ON. OUR GROUP WAS TOLD" THIS IS THE BEST TIME EVER TO DO THIS, FORECLOSURES ARE AT AN ALL TIME HIGH AND BECAUSE BANKS ARE LIMITED TO HOW MUCH PROPERTY THEY CAN HAVE(by law) YOU WILL HAVE ALOT TO CHOOSE FROM AND THEY WILL ALMOST GIVE THEM TO YOU." (that was not an exact quote but very close) I CHECKED WITH BANKS, ONE BANK HAD TWO PROPERTIES AND THE OTHERS HAD ONE OR NONE. AND THEY WOULDNT DO THEIR OWN FINANCING. THAT DOESNT SOUND LIKE WHAT WE WERE TOLD.

ALSO, WE WERE TOLD TO TAKE $1,000 TO THE BANK AND OPEN A PASSBOOK SAVINGS ACCOUNT. THEN, TAKE OUT A LOAN USING THE MONEY IN THAT ACCOUNT AS COLLATERAL. WE WERE TO THEN TAKE THAT MONEY TO ANOTHER BANK AND DO THE SAME THING. HE DIDNT SAY IF WE SHOULD WAIT A WHILE BEFORE WE TAKE OUT THE LOAN OR DO IT WHILE WE WERE THERE. HE ALSO SAID TO PAY OFF THE LOAN EARLY BUT DIDNT GIVE A TIME FRAME. IT ALL WAS SUPPOSED TO COMPLETE THE CYCLE IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS INCLUDING USING THE LOAN MONEY TO APPLY TOWARD A HOUSE. HERES THE PROBLEM, ALL OF THE BANKS I CALLED SAID IT WOULDNT BE A PASSBOOK ACCOUNT BUT PURCHASE A CD. THEY SAID THEY ARE MORE LIKELY TO GRANT A LOAN WITH A CD. AND UNLIKE WHAT WE WERE TOLD AT THE WORKSHOP, YES, YOU HAVE TO FILL OUT A CREDIT APPLICATION AND THE CD DOES NOT GUARRANTEE YOU WILL GET THE LOAN. IF YOU DONT GET IT, YOUR MONEY IS TIED UP FOR A YEAR UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY OVER $35 AS A PENALTY.

IN ADDITION, I TRIED TO ACCESS RUSS’S WEBSITE (which was not provided at the workshop) AND COULDNT ACCESS IT. I WENT THROUGH THE SEARCH ENGINE AND TRIED TO ACCESS IT THAT WAY. SO FAR, THIS IS THE ONLY THING RELATED TO RUSS IVE BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS. I HAVE NO PROBLEM ACCESSING ANYTHING ELSE. MAYBE HIS SYSTEM IS DOWN AT THE MOMENT BUT IT JUST ADDS TO THE DOUBT.

EITHER INCORRECT INFO WAS GIVEN OR SOMEBODY DID A POOR JOB OF GIVING ENOUGH INFO FOR SOMEBODY TO GO OUT AND DO IT. THAT LEAVES ME WITH ENOUGH DOUBT TO THINK THAT HIS SYSTEM DOESNT WORK OR MAY NOT GIVE ENOUGH INFO TO SPEND BIG BUCKS ON.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE?
CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IF ANYTHING IM DOING WRONG?

DAN

Re: Attn. Russ Whitney - Posted by Jeff in MKE

Posted by Jeff in MKE on March 08, 2001 at 15:26:33:

Hi tin,Cookie,
I Live in West Allis.
You can find some bargains on the northwest side of Milwaukee.
You folks going to the convention?
Jeff in MKE