ATTENTION SECTION 8 MH INVESTORS - Posted by Ryan_MO

Posted by Ryan_MO on January 02, 2004 at 18:01:55:

Wait nevermind, this is for space rent. I guess section 8 will pay for pad rent now? Not just home rent? Anyone with info on this?

Ryan

ATTENTION SECTION 8 MH INVESTORS - Posted by Ryan_MO

Posted by Ryan_MO on January 02, 2004 at 17:59:57:

I just found this page on the HUD website pertaining to FM for the section 8 program. It seems as if the FMR are now lower for manufactured housing in certain states than other types of housing. California being one of them. I remember DOC saying before he can get over $1000 i believe for a 4-5 br MH, not anymore. Check out the link.

Ryan

Re: ATTENTION SECTION 8 MH INVESTORS - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on January 05, 2004 at 09:34:39:

Ryan,

I have rented several of my homes single and doublewides through the section 8 program. Remember they send out an inspector to look over the property they also TELL you how much Rent your place will recieve contrary to some opinions here they will not give fair Market rent max to everyone. I have a brand new doublewide I just rented section 8, FM here is $755 for a 3 bed but they would only give me $700 because its not a house,no dishwasher,no cental air. So I highly suspect that if I were to create some four-five bedroom monstrosity out of a single or doublewide they would give nowhere near what is listed as FM max. If you can add a decent bedroom sized room (not a cubicle) this could help you get more, but they send out someone to see if it makes sense. Take Care ScottS(NC)