Asbestos siding - Posted by John

Posted by JT-IN on February 19, 2007 at 10:55:49:

Alum siding used to be the product of choice back 30 yrs ago, and beyond. Thank got it has been upgraded with a dent free product in vinyl.

HardiBoard and HardiPlank are decent products. I have used it numerous times with good results. The only complaint that I have ever had about it is from the installer, who didn’t like the extreme dust from cutting the product. You can’t have everything… LOL

JT-IN

Asbestos siding - Posted by John

Posted by John on February 18, 2007 at 19:51:23:

I am looking at investing in a house that has asbestos siding. The siding is intact and does not appear to pose an issue. I may want to flip the house and I think it would sell for more without the asbestos issue. Does anyone know what it costs to have the siding removed? The house is approximately 1000 Sq Ft one story.

Re: Asbestos siding - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on February 19, 2007 at 07:25:06:

asbestos siding is harmless. you could install aluminum siding over it, and save the demo/dump fees.

Aluminum Siding… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on February 19, 2007 at 10:22:52:

I haven’t seen that installed in years… with the exception of comm’l application. Does anyone still use alum siding with the advent of vinyl these days…?

Or, are you a relic like me who uses old vernacular for newer items, and occasionally I will refer to vinyl siding as alum siding…?

The Latter - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on February 19, 2007 at 10:41:43:

I should have just said “siding.” I’m not sure if I have ever actualy used aluminum. maybe to patch a small section of a bulding that already had alum on it.

my guys use hardi-board more than anything else.