Anyone in/near San Jose, CA ??? - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 27, 2001 at 11:48:56:

I’ve got a lead in that market, so I’m checking prices… still looking into it, but I did find the following this morning…

1. 3/2 renting for $1400/month, with a $1400/security deposit.

2. 10’x50’ w/8’x20’add-on, +storage shed, yd, garden. All-age, pets. Low rent $79,500. By Owner xxx-xxx-xxxx

3. New FLEETWOOD 3/2, dining room, Creekside Setting. $425,000 Agent xxx-xxxx

4. 2/2, upgraded throughout, FP, newer roof, paint, located in senior community. Offered at $248,000
    Agent (xxx) xxx-xxxx

All of which supports what I’ve been told about the area.

Anyone in/near San Jose, CA ??? - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 26, 2001 at 17:27:13:

I need to know what MHP lot rents currently run in the area (commute distance), upscale communities in particular.

ASAP please.

Reply: Anyone in/near San Jose, CA ??? - Posted by Debbie

Posted by Debbie on July 27, 2001 at 02:59:14:

Hi,
I’m in the Concord, CA area which is in Contra Costa County and given that home prices per square feet are fairly close I would think Mobile Home Park space rents would be in the neighborhood of $600 to $800 per month alone and on top of that would be your utilities and monthly payment if any on the “personal property” as it is called in real estate parlance which you park there.
If I were you, I would call or visit each park you are interested in and speak with the park managers who are usually easy to speak with to determine the space rental rates for each size where applicable.
I found out from a number of them that to get a loan to buy a mobile home is actually more difficult than qualifying for an attached piece of real estate. Remember, lenders are fairly flexible so if you are considering standard real estate, there are loans such as income only qualifying loans and the best way to find out is to get yourself prequalified by a loan broker that way you can shop various loan products as well.
Good luck!