Anyone from Philly that is using the CS program - Posted by sammy

Posted by Russell on July 19, 2001 at 13:54:40:

yeah! reading a lot of posts it seems that you are not the only one. i had an extra $89 charge to my card. the person that i called and ordered this from tried to sell me all sorts of stuff. i said yes on some magazine that he said i would get free. next thing i learn my credit card is charged. luckily i caught it and they reversed the fee. the service and sales people seem to want to rip you off. watch out!

Anyone from Philly that is using the CS program - Posted by sammy

Posted by sammy on July 17, 2001 at 09:20:45:

Hello everyone,
Im interested in purchasing distress homes in Philly. I need some good resources, I need to know who is willing to loan me money to buy , fix, and sell HUDS or fixer uppers. Anyone know of a government agency who will help me out.

response to Philly guy - Posted by Pam

Posted by Pam on July 17, 2001 at 13:18:05:

If you turn to the blue pages of the phone book and start calling the government phone numbers about HUD or FHA, and tell them what you are trying to do, and the neighborhood that you are thinking about, they may be able to help. You should zero in on a neighborhood that you think may be salvageable. If the neighborhood is too bad, then you will never be able to rent it out or re-sell it, so make sure and pick out one that isn’t too bad. Look for a house that is distressed, Then call the Tax assessor’s office and ask them how much are the taxes at this address?. Then say, “Oh by the way, could you tell me the owner’s name?” And sometimes they will. Then you could write a letter to the owner, showing an interest in the property. You can also go to the bank and ask to see the list of Real Estate Owned by the bank. They may have houses that they are dying to get rid of. Listings of HUD homes are available through Realtors, and they can steer you away from really bad neighborhoods too. Good Luck.

Re: response to Philly guy - Posted by kf

Posted by kf on July 18, 2001 at 12:35:14:

I havent’ received them yet, but just ordered them & it was a HELLISH experience, they overcharged my credit card, etc…Poor cusotner service, I hope the CD’sare worth it