anyone from New Hampshire? - Posted by Debbie

Posted by eric-fl on November 29, 2001 at 09:06:41:

Wow, Phil, that is very useful information. Thanks so much for the follow up. I wasn’t even aware that you could build on those islands, I thought they were protected. Given my choice, I’d actually RATHER have a house on an island like that. After all, it would be for a summer/retirement home, so the whole point is to get away! So I guess you can only get to these places by boat? How cool is that?! I’m actually psyched just thinking about that. Just the shot of motivation I needed to start gearing up marketing for the new year. Thanks again for your response. If you think of any other lakes or anything, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

anyone from New Hampshire? - Posted by Debbie

Posted by Debbie on November 28, 2001 at 13:34:53:

I am new to real estate investing. I have Carlton Sheets’ course and am going to get Steve Cook’s course because I am most interested in learning about flipping and wholesaling. Is anyone here from New Hampshire??? I would love to learn of any real estate investing groups in the area (did find one on the REI groups link on this site but can’t reach the contact person). Would love to hear from NH people out there!

Re: anyone from New Hampshire? - Posted by dandrews

Posted by dandrews on November 29, 2001 at 16:00:51:

How about Western maine–one hr from Fryeburg. Does that count?

Re: anyone from New Hampshire? - Posted by dandrews

Posted by dandrews on November 29, 2001 at 15:57:05:

Does western Maine about an hour from Fryeburg count?

Re: anyone from New Hampshire? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on November 28, 2001 at 13:44:38:

Contact Jennifer Munson in Portsmouth or John Holt in Nashua. I’m in the Lakes Region in the summer.

Re: anyone from New Hampshire? - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on November 28, 2001 at 14:25:08:

Phil, I’m just curious. I love the NH area, and have been thinking of buying some land to build on someday. It seems that much of the lakefront property up there, particularly Winipesaukee (sp?) and Squam are out of reach. Do you know of any smaller lakes, or towns in that area that might be more reasonable?

Re: anyone from New Hampshire? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on November 28, 2001 at 15:08:58:

hi Eric,

You are correct. Prices on Winnipesaukee, where I am and on Squam are insane. Within Winnipesaukee there are two distinctive markets. Mainland lakefront and island lakefront. Mainland lakefront starts around $400,000 while island property starts at around $150,000. Now you know why I’m on an island but wouldn’t trade the quietness for mainland. It’s great out there. And I do have electricity and phone service on my island unlike many of the smaller islands.

There are smaller lakes and ponds in the area with smaller price tags on them. Get a NH map and look around central NH for them. One that comes to mind is Merrymeeting Lake. It seems the smaller the lake, the smaller the price.

Getting back to the Winnipesaukee islands. There are still lakefront lots available starting at $49,900. They might be steep and facing into the wind where you would have to build a $15,000 breakwater and dock. Againg this is just raw land with no buildings on them.