Anyone Else Received This Offer?? - Posted by Kevin OK

Posted by Kevin OK on July 06, 2002 at 11:09:23:

The order form was not a secure site…

If you recieve it, be cautious.

Kevin

Anyone Else Received This Offer?? - Posted by Kevin OK

Posted by Kevin OK on July 06, 2002 at 11:04:09:

I just received an ad for a Real Estate “Toolbox”, which was accompanied by a USA Today-like article which mentions the Toolbox in it’s copy. However, it may also have been ad copy designed to look like an article, that was in USA Today.

What’s puzzling me? In the article, the $29.95 offer is at one point called the “Toolbox” and another time called the “Toolkit”. Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

The reason I am posting my question here and not on the “Guru” Forum, is because this forum is where I tend to read & post, and so my screen name was likely retrieved here.

To order, you need a credit card. To “help” place your order, a picture of the reverse side of a credit card is shown, requesting the final 3 or 4 digits and showing where to find those on your credit card. I believe these are not the pin #'s, but instead are a series of #'s that show a merchant made the sale with your credit card physically present. Those codes are embeded in the magnetic strip on our cards as well.

Someone once attempted to use my credit card # in Japan for a series of unauthorized purchases. It was easily resolved in my favor because they didn’t have those final series of #'s.

I have heard others mention a “Toolbox” on CREOnline before, and I am wondering if this is the same…or a copycat.

Kevin OK