Anyone bought John T. Reed's books - Posted by Dana

Posted by JoeKaiser on October 27, 2000 at 21:00:49:

I liked the book. What can I say? That’s flattery? Do you actually think Reed visits this site?

Just for your information, after first reading the book years ago, I wrote to Reed to tell him I thought it was a great book and mentioned I was in the middle of writing a foreclosure book myself. Never heard back, but what the heck.

Frankly, I rarely have anything bad to say about Reed’s materials. Most, in fact, are pretty darn good (except that lease option thing of his which is pretty darn bad).

Joe

P.S. Oops, almost forgot . . . ! So there.

Anyone bought John T. Reed’s books - Posted by Dana

Posted by Dana on October 27, 2000 at 02:22:28:

I recently discovered his website that critiques real estate gurus, and he sounds legit. He also sells books. I’d like to hear from anyone who’s bought some of his books. Are they any good? I’m interested in the one that shows how to purchase properties at least 20% under market value.

If you have any experience with his books, etc.
please email me directly.

thanks

Dana

Reed’s Books good. Redd…um…goofy - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on October 27, 2000 at 21:27:23:

I’ll have to admit that when I finally bought Reed’s book (priarily for fodder to prove up what a gum-ball he is in my opinion), I was surprised. It’s a good book. Two of them woruld be worth twice the price!

My only problem with Reed is that he published an opinion of me without my permision and implied that I didn’t know anything about anything and that I was a fake and a chrletan (at least he didn’t bring up the canabalism and registered sex offender part). Well…two out of three isn’t bad, but I would never give an opinion about someone without reading their book: ergo, in my opinion, Mr. Reed is a taco or two short of a No. 6 Ranchero Plate, but writes well when he sticks to waht he knows.

Reed…I do not recommend. But can’t condemn his books…until he gets into areas which are beyond his expertise: i.e., real creative finaning, lease options, the law re. land trusts, and other non-traditional RE financing arrangements.

Bill

What’s the name of that website? (nt) - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on October 27, 2000 at 09:24:13:

nt

his tax book is the best… - Posted by RR Smith

Posted by RR Smith on October 27, 2000 at 06:20:21:

I give away copies of his Tax Avoidance book and look for it in book stores. If the store carries his 1031 book then they get a full letter grade higher…His other books are maybe worth the read but, are of more of a tech. (not practical)nature. I find his web site very abusive to other authors and don’t go there (much). Anyone who claims to be a RE lawyer or CPA should have his Tax Avoidance book in their library (otherwise they get mine! on loan).

Excellent book . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on October 27, 2000 at 04:40:49:

Lots of good ideas. My only complaints, (1) constantly bashes Ted Thomas to the point that it gets annoying (okay, so maybe he deserved it. I don’t know Ted Thomas and am not impressed with his materials, but geez), and (2) there are no examples of Mr. Reed himself buying anything “20% under market.” Reason? He never has, apparently.

Otherwise, good stuff and worth the dough.

Joe

Re: Reed’s Books good. Redd…um…goofy - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on October 28, 2000 at 03:40:18:

He also has a special report(his term) out on how to get started in real estate investing. The index for it is listed at his site and interestingly CREOnline is there on the same page as his Real-estate B.S. artist detection checklist(wonder if that’s a good thing?). He has been busy with three additional titles in the last five months NOT including titles related to youth football. Although a taco or two short, he does really pile on the beans and guacamole which makes me clear out the room whenever I get the good old No.6 plate.

Thanks Joe…but> - Posted by Dr X

Posted by Dr X on October 27, 2000 at 18:44:23:

FLATTERY will get you nowhere Joe!

I thought more of you than this! You actually lowered yourself to Flatter. Hmmmmmm?