Any luck buying junkers that are not for sale?? - Posted by HG

Posted by katie price on October 19, 2005 at 11:41:27:

eva longoria kelly clarkson kelly clarkson trish stratus carmen electra jennifer aniston gwen stefani kelly monaco jennifer aniston kelly clarkson

Any luck buying junkers that are not for sale?? - Posted by HG

Posted by HG on May 26, 2004 at 14:24:21:

I’ve been looking around for rehab opportunities and have found some junkers that would do great rehab projects. If they’re not for sale, then the seller is probably not motivated. And a motivated seller is essential??

thanks
HG

Re: Any luck buying junkers ? - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on May 28, 2004 at 19:13:40:

HG: everything property I’ve purchased (with the exception of tax sale properties) were not for sale. Most of them were junkers. The sellers either responded to my letters or calls. My experience says that just because it’s not listed doesn’t mean the seller isn’t interested in selling.

This really depends on your area and what’s going on in your market. For example, are lots of people holding junkers because there is development in the near future? Or, are most of the junkers already owned by a developer?

It’s definitely worth checking out. Kristine

Re: junkers that are not for sale?? - Posted by Boyd (MA)

Posted by Boyd (MA) on May 27, 2004 at 07:56:22:

As Ron LeGrand might say:

“Some people can’t believe anyone is crazy enough to buy this junk.”

Call the owner and ask them if they’d like to sell. The worst they could say is “no.” Then, 30 days later, call and ask them again.

Re: buying junkers that are not for sale?? - Posted by Robbie Burns

Posted by Robbie Burns on May 27, 2004 at 01:27:03:

Of all the rehab projects I’ve done, very few were ‘for sale’ when I found them. And, every one I bought was from a motivated seller!

Re: Any luck buying junkers ? - Posted by shawna

Posted by shawna on June 24, 2004 at 13:53:33:

I think you are on to something here…i spent an hour driving around my area today just looking. I came across 6 houses within 5 miles of each other in run down to poor condition…none of these houses were listed and i just sent out letter to these addresses. I did a reverse lookup and got the numbers of 2 of them, and the one that i spoke to seemed like he may be interested in selling. Seems he never bothered because it was in such bad shape. I will keep you posted on my progress, and i hope you do the same. Also, if you dont get responses from the letters you send, it is possible that the owner isnt getting them at that address, one way to find out is to go to the courthouse and look up the tax records on that property and see what address the tax bills are mailed to.

Re: buying junkers that are not for sale?? - Posted by HG

Posted by HG on May 27, 2004 at 13:34:52:

Did you knock on their doors or did you find out their phone numbers somehow?

Don’t assume the owner lives there - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on June 01, 2004 at 13:44:53:

HG,

You can probably find the owner’s address and phone number for the propert at your tax assessor’s office. (I’d try online first.)

If a tenant or deadbeat relative lives there, I would definitely not knock on the junker’s door.

Jeanne

Re: buying junkers that are not for sale?? - Posted by Robbie Burns

Posted by Robbie Burns on May 28, 2004 at 09:05:26:

If they are local, I’d knock on their door with contract in hand. When they open the door, hold the contract up and say, "Mrs. Smith, I have “(Enter dollar figure here) for you”… (then pause and wait for their response). After they respond with something incredulous (they may think they just won the Publisher’s Clearing House sweepstakes), I repeat, “I have $$$$$$ for you, if you’ll sell me 123 Main Street”.

It’s an ice-breaker. Go from there.

If they’re out of town, and you can get a phone number, try the same line of the phone. Lastly, you could write them a letter, but you’re likely to be older before you make that deal.

Good Luck,

Robbie