Any good Probate courses? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on October 28, 2002 at 19:16:03:

Chris------------------

Check for books related to your state, whatever that is–you did not say. Every state is different in their laws related to this topic, as far as I know.

Check for books for attorneys on the topic at the county courthouse law library. Lots of good informationt there. And read the state statutes on the topic also.

“Dimomond Farming” by Gary DeGrazio is the only one that I can recommend. It is for CA. There was a fellow Jim Banks that had some materials on the topic in the 1980s. The universal response from people who bought it was that it was horrible. Maybe he has something better now.

Good InvestingRon Starr*****

Any good Probate courses? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on October 28, 2002 at 13:52:15:

Are there any good courses on buying properties that are in probate?

Re: Any good Probate courses? - Posted by ChrisC

Posted by ChrisC on October 28, 2002 at 20:51:42:

Chris -

There was a book called “How to avoid Probate” with a diskette at the back. I’m not sure if that’s helpful, but you can search Amazon.com - they have a large Real Estate section - also check Ebay

ChrisC
Chicago

Re: Any good Probate courses? - Posted by JeffGinFL

Posted by JeffGinFL on October 28, 2002 at 20:05:32:

Ron Starr is right - Diamond Farming is a good book to get you exposed to the basics.

You will want to focus on your state though - that will really help you and prevent you from wasting your time learning about items that won’t apply to your area. Do some networking - find the name of a good probate attny in your area. Might be worth it to make an appointment to discuss some questions you have with him/her. Even if you pay a few bucks, the money could very easily be worth it.