am I too old? - Posted by NMCC

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 19, 2001 at 23:50:03:

…why you get all those deeds, you smooth talker.

Thanks, JohnBoy, that kinda made my night.

Stacy

am I too old? - Posted by NMCC

Posted by NMCC on July 19, 2001 at 23:18:11:

Well, this is my first time on the message board. I have been reading this GREAT stuff for a while and noticed everyone seems to be either very young (20’s) and just starting (and succeeding!!), or they have been doing it a long time. I am a “newbie” and I am 40 and boy do I feel too old to be starting. I know anything can be done at any age if there is a will and I certainly have the will!! I would just really like to hear from anyone out there in the same predicament. THanks for the great information. NMCC

Re: am I too old? - Posted by Bob Taylor

Posted by Bob Taylor on July 20, 2001 at 13:11:46:

Corporate America sent me 2 messages. I got downsized twice for being “too successful-we can’t afford to pay you what you earning”. They will never do it again. I started full time as an R E I June 1, 2000. Doing rather well.

I will be 62 Monday.

Go for it! I have never looked back.

R.E. is one of the few industries… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on July 20, 2001 at 11:13:17:

…that you can just jump in there at any point in time and succeed.

Personally speaking, I’m about ready to start over again for the third time in my go-round in life. Yup! Real estate’s where it’s at!!!

Go for it!!

Susan

P.S. Quite a few months ago I received a call from an ‘old codger’ (in his 80’s or early 90’s) expressing interest in buying a Note from me. He was STILL going strong and loving EVERY minute of it!!! Said it was what revved his engines every morning.

Read… - Posted by J. CA

Posted by J. CA on July 20, 2001 at 09:00:39:

Think & Grow Rich, Chapter 11 “The Mystery of Sex Transmutation.” And you’ll see why you’re actually in your success-generating prime!

Jack Miller - Posted by jimi

Posted by jimi on July 20, 2001 at 08:28:19:

A true guru, Jack Miller, started @ age 40 after being laid off from Honeywell. Suffice to say, he’s done quite well since then.

Col. Sanders started his “KFC” business @ age 65. So you can wait 25 years and sell chicken recipes or get started in Real Estate today …

Re: am I too old? - Posted by linda

Posted by linda on July 20, 2001 at 07:34:00:

Wow! After meeting with the 150 or so investors since I started, I was feeling like a child at 36. I’m not planning on feeling old until at least my mid 80’s! And that’s still negotiable!

linda

Re: Nope - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 19, 2001 at 23:23:41:

Absolutely not, you young whipper-snapper. I’m 45, and started about four years ago. Do you realize how well off you could be at 50 if you started now?

Stacy

Re: Nope - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on July 20, 2001 at 09:13:54:

I just read this and thought to my self “no way, Stacy can not be 45”. I’m with JohnBoy on this one. I won’t be able to get over this one for awhile.

I think you and William should write a book on investing in real estate and taking 15-20 years off of your age.

Baffled,

Steve

Re: Nope - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on July 19, 2001 at 23:37:40:

I still can’t get over that you are 45! It must be the past 4 years that must have started an age reversing process for you or something! LOL

Re: Nope - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 20, 2001 at 16:14:09:

Wow, thanks, Steve. This makes me feel young enough to throw away my gall-bladder pills.

Speaking of REI changing someone’s appearance, I was pleasantly surprised to see you walking into the lounge at the last convention “dressed like success”. Quite a change from the first convention. I guess we might as well face it…we’re REI Studs.

LOL

Stacy