Agents always saying - Posted by Rob

Posted by Mark-WV on October 05, 2002 at 24:57:37:

Hey don’t feel like the lone ranger, I had so many people ask if I had bought Sheets stuff from the TV I went out and got one just to see whst they were talking about !!

Agents always saying - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on October 04, 2002 at 15:15:20:

Has anyone heard this from agents before?
As soon as we start talking turkey and I tell them how I buy houses, they start with, “don’t you need a license for that”. Is it just a New York thing !>!>!>!

How do you seasoned investors handle this?

Re: Agents always saying - Posted by Mike(Al)

Posted by Mike(Al) on October 05, 2002 at 24:27:04:

I believe as long as you are a principal in a home renovation/building company you are exempt from the need to get a RE agent/broker license.In Alabama homebuilders and attorneys in the course of RE dealings are exempt from RE licensing.Homebuilders can only sell homes they build or accept in trade.Attorneys who do mostly trust/estate services are the ones who mainly use this exclusion.

Re: Agents always saying - Posted by Justin

Posted by Justin on October 04, 2002 at 23:37:32:

I most often get that from your average Joe when explaining what I do for a living. Most people just assume you need a license for anything real estate related…

I also find that I usually get one of two responses after describing what I do:

1. Blank stare

2. “Hey, how can I do what you’re doing? Can you teach me?!”

OR, I guess there’s a third:

1. “Oh… you just do like those people on the late night infomercials” (Man, I hate that one…)

Kind regards,
Justin

Re: Agents always saying - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on October 04, 2002 at 15:46:05:

I would say, " no, I am acting as a principle. " Sure you may be flipping to your end user, but you are signing contracts as a principle not as an agent.

Re: Agents always saying - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on October 05, 2002 at 24:46:38:

Man, do I hate that thing about the infomercials. I had never even seen until a few weeks ago when I stayed in motel while working out of town.

I don’t think I do it like the people on the infomercials at all. I didn’t buy the course, my hair is messier and I don’t own property “worth” 250K.

I could go for some more blank stares.

Sincerely, Kristine