Access to MLS, now what... - Posted by beck4353

Posted by Mark on February 11, 2004 at 11:09:47:

If you can use keywords to narrow your search, use words like vacant, bank owned, needs tlc, etc…

If you can’t use keywords to narrow the search, you are going to have to use a systematic approach. On a regular basis you’ll need to check for properties by reading the listing description and scanning for these words and other clues that may tip you off.

Later…

Mark
www.mrsearchcompany.com

Access to MLS, now what… - Posted by beck4353

Posted by beck4353 on February 11, 2004 at 09:14:46:

I have gained access to the local MLS system through a realtor friend of mine. I can search based on any number of criteria.

I am planning on rehabbing, and I was looking mostly at REO’s in the last while.

I was thinking of searching for expired listings that are in obvious need of work and contacting those people.

Can anyone think of a better way to use this tool to find properties to rehab?

Re: Access to MLS, now what… - Posted by chuck

Posted by chuck on February 11, 2004 at 14:34:28:

If you have access to the mls then you probabbly also have access to the county tax roll. If you do, I suggest you look for properties that have Lis pendens (liens and foreclosure actions)filed against them. You might also look for homes that were deeded to individuals through the probate process. Also look for out of town owners or owners who do not pay homestead exemption (usually rental properties)