abandoned?? MH in Park - Posted by Bill _AL

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 22, 2001 at 18:41:07:

Call your DMV and see what’s involved in getting an abandonment title. There’s probably a minimum time limit of unattendance or occupancy that must be met and a processing fee at most. You should do a lein search as well.

abandoned?? MH in Park - Posted by Bill _AL

Posted by Bill _AL on July 22, 2001 at 17:17:44:

I have a small mobile home park. Mostly smooth sailing; however, recently I’ve got two units that apparently have been abandoned. I have tried to serve eviction notice, but sheriffs office can’t find tenant to serve notice. Any ideas?

Re: abandoned?? MH in Park - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on July 25, 2001 at 12:16:55:

Bill,

What I did when I found an abandoned home was I called everyone in the phone book with the persons last name and told them that I was looking for mr. x and that I wanted to help them out with the mobile home that they left in xyx court.

I told them that they own xyz money in back taxes and lot rent, but I’m willing to pay alll of that IF they just sign the title over to me.

Grant it, I already had a deal to get all back lot rent removed before I struck this type of deal.

I had one abandoned mh owner sign the home over to me and the other one…well I’m still looking for the guy!

good luck, keep us posted,

CAREY