Abandon Building Question - Posted by Jesse Jaymes

Posted by Rob FL on November 13, 1998 at 19:27:47:

I have had some luck in mailing a letter to the bank’s address shown on their deed. I put on the letter, ATTENTION: MANAGER OF REAL ESTATE OWNED DEPARTMENT. Usually someone calls me back in 2 or 3 weeks with more info.

Abandon Building Question - Posted by Jesse Jaymes

Posted by Jesse Jaymes on November 13, 1998 at 09:47:17:

Hello to All,

There is an abandon building in my neighborhood. I called the County Clerk’s office and the property is not in foreclosure proceedings but does have city violations on it. I found out who the bank is but the bank said it wasn’t on their list of foreclosures.

What else can I do? I would like to see it inside, and if good, make an offer. How do I proceed?

Thanks & GREAT SITE!

Re: Abandon Building Question - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on November 14, 1998 at 08:50:35:

If you’re trying to find the owner, I’d suggest going to the local court house and looking the property up in the property records. At my court house, there are usually assistants working there that can help you locate just about anything relating to a property: history of ownership, property descriptions, metes and bounds, etc. It’s all there for the asking. Good luck!

Re: Abandon Building Question - Posted by Irwin

Posted by Irwin on November 14, 1998 at 08:05:23:

I’m confused. Does the bank own the property, or just hold a mortgage on it? You need to deal with the title holder. You can get the name of the current ownerby checking with your County Assessor’s office.