A Tenant Story - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on July 18, 2001 at 17:29:32:

You are obnoxious and your tone is belligerent. Every time you post a response to something of mine I get an email.

This response of yours has been forwarded to your ISP with my complaint.

A Tenant Story - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on July 17, 2001 at 19:42:53:

There’s this tenant, see?

Well, she had this visitor, see? The visitor parked his car in the middle of the parking lot, see? So, see, that’s against the rules. The manager has instructions from me to
have any vehicle so parked towed on sight.

So, this manager, see, she’s pretty nice. She’s the nice one, see? I’m the mean one. I’m the one she gets when being nice don’t get it, see?

So, she thinks she knows who the owner of this car is visiting, see? So she sees the (teenage) daughter of the tenant, and tells the girl that if she knows whose car that is,
she should ask them to move it ‘cause otherwise it’ll get towed, see? So this guy comes and moves th’ car.

So this tenant, see, she comes out of the apartment and starts screaming at the manager, see? I’m not sure what about, but it apparently involved a bunch of invective, see?
And as part of it, the tenant said she was going to report the manager to me, see?

So some other tenants heard all this and thought it was funny. So the next day in a grocery store one of the tenants saw the tenant who had done the screaming and made a
comment to her, see? And the tenant who’d done th’ screaming screamed some more at the tenant who’d heard the screaming, see?

So, the manager tells me all about this and about how th’ tenant is going to call me to report the manager, see. So I tells the manager, I says, “but you know you’re supposta
just have those cars towed. Why’d you try t’ find who owns it? Also, you don’t have to take the abuse from anyone; why didn’t you issue her a warning?”

Now, y’gotta know that warnings are serious business. You can only get two warnings. The third time there is an incident, you get evicted, see? And there’s no time frame.
It ain’t three events in a year; it’s three events. Period.

So, that shoulda been th’ end of it, see?

But, this tenant, see, she called me. To report the manager. Because the manager had no business sending the daughter to have the car moved; the manager should have
come over herself, see. And, of course, see, although th’ car wasn’t in a parking space, “it wasn’t in anyone’s way”, see.

Now, me, I acts all surprised and I says, see, “you’re right! I have to talk to her ‘cause she ain’t doin her job. She shoulda had th’ car towed without warning.” So this
tenant, she says “but the car wasn’t in the way” and I says “but it wasn’t in a parking space and if its parked anyplace but in a parking space we tow immediately.”

So, this tenant, she says “Yeah, the manager isn’t doing her job.”

Go figure. And the tenant probably figures she won the exchange with the manager, see?

There remaineth no more ‘sees’ for you!!!nt - Posted by Taylor

Posted by Taylor on July 18, 2001 at 18:21:54:

Re: A Tenant Story - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on July 18, 2001 at 08:46:13:

Actually the manager and I have been in stitches about this one. She told me the story, and I told her that if the tenant called, I would tell the tenant that I would have to speak to her (the manager) about not towing the car immediately without warning. That is the rule, but of course I give the manager wide discretion since she is supposed to be the “velvet glove” while I am the “iron fist”.

So the tenant actually called - the manager told me she would have taken bets that the tenant wouldn’t call. I told the tenant what I had told the manager I would tell the tenant, and the tenant just didn’t seem to get it.

We both had another good laugh when I told the manager.

I don’t see anything . . . - Posted by Bob H

Posted by Bob H on July 18, 2001 at 24:34:12:

but you delighting in exercising an abuse of power. You appear to be right about one thing though - You are the mean one.

Re: A Tenant Story - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on July 17, 2001 at 21:15:42:

What I don’t see is how you are going to retain a manager that takes that abuse from YOU. You think it’s fun being a whipping boy?

Alien Beings from another Planet… - Posted by Tom – IN

Posted by Tom – IN on July 17, 2001 at 21:13:45:

Louis Brown refers to tenants as “alien beings from another planet”. This is a good example why.

I See… (nt) - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on July 17, 2001 at 21:07:33:

nt

Re: I don’t see anything . . . - Posted by Anon

Posted by Anon on July 18, 2001 at 12:00:33:

God, did you have a humorectomy? He obviously wasn’t going to “call” the manager to tell them they were not doing their job. That was why it was so funny. I guess you missed the point Sherlock.

Re: I don’t see anything . . . - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on July 18, 2001 at 08:40:22:

I don’t have time to deal with people like you. Do not email me again. If you do so, I will communicate with your ISP to inform them that you are harassing me.

You are clueless.

No abuse there… - Posted by Anne-ND

Posted by Anne-ND on July 18, 2001 at 07:17:25:

He’s protecting her, because he’s set up rules that she can use, then when the tenant complains she can say “I know, isn’t it terrible? But I lose my job if I don’t follow the rules”.

If you’re not strict with tenants from the very beginning, they just don’t get it, and the next time they WILL block someone’s parking spot. I’ve been there, both as a tenant in an apt. complex, and as a landlord.

Anne

Re: A Tenant Story - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on July 17, 2001 at 21:20:54:

You obviously have no sense of humor.

who is - Posted by Todd W(CO)

Posted by Todd W(CO) on July 18, 2001 at 17:08:21:

Louis Brown… ??
todd W

Let’s be clear - Posted by Bob H

Posted by Bob H on July 18, 2001 at 17:21:14:

I didn’t email you in the first place, secondly, if you can’t handle responses to your inane little stories - quit posting them

I loved the story - Posted by Keith Flaherty

Posted by Keith Flaherty on July 17, 2001 at 21:49:24:

I loved the story and understood.

Keith