A offer - Posted by Chris

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on August 05, 2005 at 11:20:23:

Buying a gun…nothing wrong with that.
Telling someone you have a gun in your pocket…nothing wrong with that…
Writing a note to a bank officer that you need their money…nothing wrong with that…

Yup, robbing a bank is legal…

The problem is the sale is not a legit sale. If this ever got in front of a judge, the judge would say that the two of you conspired to the detriment of the bank.

A offer - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on August 04, 2005 at 07:47:33:

A friend of mine is willing to sell five of his rental properties to me
at market value with the option to buy. He will buy back the property in
6 months at the same price . During the 6 months when the property is in
my name he will make all mortgage payments. In return he will pay me a
sum of money. His main objective is to pull the equity out of the
property and still keep them. When I ask him why not refinance the
property his response was, since these are my rental properties he can
only pull 80 percent of equity out of the property. He will take care
all closing cost!
My question for you guys, is this legal?
what are the tax consequences on my behalf?
Will this hurt me in any way?
Could you tell me the pros and cons of this transaction?

Please advise,your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Re: A offer - Posted by Randy (SD)

Posted by Randy (SD) on August 04, 2005 at 11:39:08:

He wants to sell you five of his rental properties at market value… Okay cool nothing wrong with that.
He wants an option to buy the properties in six months at the same price… it’s OK, still nothing wrong with that
He will make your mortgage payments… no, he can lease the properties from you after the sale and make rental payments to you, you make your own mortgage payments.
In return he will pay you a sum of money… then he’s not buying them back at the same price, increase his purchase price, collect an option consideration (nonrefundable) if he does not exercise his option he loses his option consideration.
He will take care of all closing costs… nothing wrong with that, the seller can pay the closing costs on the sale.

You ask if this is legal… the way you are proposing it as one all-inclusive agreement, no it’s not. While there does not appear to be any glaring illegalities the “intent” does present problems particularly when he goes to exercise his option, remember the previous sale and all documentation is open for the world to see.

The tax consequences to you… you will pay income taxes as ordinary income at your prevailing tax rate on any profits minus any expenses = your option consideration less depreciation, real estate taxes paid, interest paid, maintenance and upkeep etc. etc. which if you document may cancel out any potential tax liability.

Will this hurt you in any way… it could, it may deplete your ability to qualify for other financing should you find another deal. You may be forced to take legal action should your lease option tenant default on the lease. You must maintain control of the tenants currently occupying these rental properties, make sure you have valid leases, rents are paid to you or you have a blanket all-inclusive lease option contract where he collects rents from the tenants and pays a blanket lease payment to you etc. etc.

The point is you must make this separate transactions, one not contingent on the other. First he sells you the property. You can choose to lease your properties to anyone you want. If shortly after buying these properties you choose to accept a lease option contract from a “potential” buyer and give that buyer six months to exercise his option, no harm no foul.

Bank Fraud - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on August 04, 2005 at 10:36:12:

What he is doing is trying to fool the federally insured bank to think he is doing something else, in order to make more profits. He is lying on forms that require him to swear under penalty of perjury that he is telling the truth.

It breaks several serious laws. It could get you 10 years or more in jail.

If you ary trying to rob the bank, why not just go in the front door and hold a gun to the teller?

Re: A offer - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on August 04, 2005 at 08:19:10:

W/out more info, it looks to me like you’d be making a very high risk loan, perhaps @ an usurious rate. Do you have exit strategies if he doesn’t (1) make the payments, & (2) buy the houses back. Anytime y ou make $$$ there are tax consequences. I’d consult both an attorney & a CPA, both well-versed in REI.

dre impairment ratings - Posted by dre impairment ratings

Posted by dre impairment ratings on January 16, 2006 at 15:36:20:

r chahoua john wood hopi indians sarenna freeones forced sissy husband stories best photography printers bikini wax heart computer memory identification renault k4m engine consumer report carpet steam cleaner training dashound puppies enkei rpm2 wheels on sale walls camo insulated coveralls photo hurricane rita ttr125 rear fender daniella gamba one warranties examples cottages in the hudson valley taiwan pressure transducer mature roni prot ger pas de calais synthetic human eggs einstein idiosyncrasies harold d thompson bubble top devil anse hatfield family tree walmart good or bad silver black patina solution real estate self directed ira blake hotel london free lettering stencils jennifer korbin bbs infant girl clearance clothes ir signal blocker navy early out wilson cub speaker for sale voluptuous teens rune casting instructions the hackers library free washington state auction sites free poker black jack games copy video tape onto cd candid volleyball court influence groups valli cabinet mummy costume ideas build your own pa speakers handcrankedradios dodcommunitybank com aquatic giant water beetle small diesel engine parts supplier settlers of wilkes barre sears canada outlet ford pardon speech free reverse phone look up paper mache walnut box machine embroidery tablecloth project condo rental caledonia michigan horsefeathers toronto 1998 bmw 318ti review used racing go carts free poison videos cs source hacks geo sand bags resume samples for teachers shiatsuon50th com stainless steel garbage cans compaq bios setup disk boston terrier boxer mix oneida indian symbols do book lice bite alan joseph kirby inspirational thoughts about christmas crossroads ranch prescott az 1967 chevy corvair revlon charlie lotion fiskars 8158 motrec t 210 scientific inventions 1995 freebies for neopets anika calloway toshiba 27a62 tv shivid amandah hungarian babe gainesville sun classifieds oceanic steamship co 1882 mexican troops katrina glioblastoma and dysphagia gary bolin apartments near harvard university houston gas fireplaces pie shop washington dc pedestal dinning room tables male initiation stories mojodate com sioux falls and movies truss bridge designs miniskirts and tanned legs american musical supply com doughboy clipart american indian hand carved items garage finish out fort worth