$.75 Bandit signs from Kinko's Service - Posted by S.D. in VA

Posted by Rob FL on April 02, 2004 at 19:55:26:

nt

$.75 Bandit signs from Kinko’s Service - Posted by S.D. in VA

Posted by S.D. in VA on April 01, 2004 at 22:13:10:

Kinko’s laminating service is $2.00/11"x17" copy resulting in a cost of $2.25 each. I have yet to figure out how to get the cost down to $.75 each. What’s the magic words? Unlaminated cardstock would not hold its print outside, hmmn…I am thinking serans wrap, lol.

Here’s what I do…Very cheap… - Posted by MicheleCO.

Posted by MicheleCO. on April 02, 2004 at 15:30:48:

While I use a combination of pre-printed bandits(Thanks David, hand written coorigated plastic signs and professional aluminimum signs, I always do this as well…
I print 30-40 8x11 flyers on bright colored regular paper. Usually I choose neon yellow or green. I put my message and number on it only. Usually these are big enough to read from a corner or stoplight. There is not a lot you can fit onto these. Then I slip the flyer into basic heavyweight sheet protectors, like the kind uses for reports. I use Avery brand with the non-glare. The number is PV119g-50. I simply use thumbtacks to attach these to telephone poles or tape. Presto! Cheap… Cheap…Cheap.

Re: $.75 Bandit signs from Kinko’s Service - Posted by Joe Hernandez

Posted by Joe Hernandez on April 02, 2004 at 12:49:47:

Why? When you can get them for like $ .99

Seems like alot of work. Time is money.

The Nine Cent Solution - Posted by Alvin Teabag Williams

Posted by Alvin Teabag Williams on April 02, 2004 at 10:00:09:

This is what I do. “I BUY HOUSE, 1-800-xxx-xxxx” on 11"x17" ledger size paper. Only nine cents each at Kinkos. I just drive down the road and throw three at a time out the window. Sweeeeeeeet!!

Re: $.75 Bandit signs from Kinko’s Service - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on April 02, 2004 at 07:57:05:

I haven’t done this in about a year, because I made up about 500 or so last year, but the cheapest way I found was to buy direct from a plastics manufacturer and then pay a person a few bucks to write my message on the sign. There are H stakes at Home Depot that you can trim down to size with wire cutters. By doing this I was able cut my costs down to about 70 cents per sign including the stake.

And yes, handwritten signs still bring in a ton of phone calls.

Re: $.75 Bandit signs from Kinko’s Service - Posted by Houston GA

Posted by Houston GA on April 02, 2004 at 07:11:51:

I believe in Charlie, Randy, and Bill’s presentation at CREonline this past weekend (which was amazing!)they mentioned asking for solar yellow background, black letters, card stock, laminated, BUT the key words to save the money are “I don’t want it trimmed”. They said that should drive the price down to .75 - .95 per sign. Also they mentioned that a lot of times they (copy store/kinkos) trim anyway because they’re used to it and you end up getting the trimming done for FREE. Hope I took these notes accurately, good luck S.D.

Re: $.75 Bandit signs from Kinko’s Service - Posted by rehabber

Posted by rehabber on April 01, 2004 at 22:57:38:

The low cost signs are not laminated -
You’re thinking - print it on paper, then laminate
plastic on both sides to keep the rain off.
Not the cheapest approach.

If you look closely- you’ll see the bandit signs are
not printed on paper - they are made out of plastic
to begin with - sometimes the plastic is corrugated
which can make it look like cardboard upon inspection-
but it ain’t paper - it’s plastic- then they print on it with ink that isn’t affected by the elements.

Re: Here’s what I do…Very cheap… - Posted by S.D. in VA

Posted by S.D. in VA on April 02, 2004 at 18:38:18:

A MILLION THANK YOUs ! ! !

see…that’s what being CREATIVE is about.

Re: $.75 Bandit signs from Kinko’s Service - Posted by S.D. in VA

Posted by S.D. in VA on April 02, 2004 at 18:43:12:

I thank you for the link…I had reviewed it and there is a minimum of 100/order + what ever the shipping maybe. I got $25 and big dreams so I have to make what I have work.
You are correct time is money. You can see from my scenario that they work hand in hand. If I had the money I could save the time. Instead I have to compensate in time what I don’t have to issue in money. BUT NOT FOR LONG WITH YOU GUYS HELP! THANK YOU

I tried this too !!! It’s great !!! - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on April 03, 2004 at 21:54:24:

I bought 4 houses off the DPW guys who had to go clean up my signs … LMAO !!

RL

PS: This is sarcasm incase you didn’t get it.

We have a winner! - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on April 02, 2004 at 22:29:14:

Alvin Teabag Williams: you have written, bar none, the best post regarding bandit signs. Why hire help, worry about stakes or staples, which color, etc., when you can just throw those cheap signs out the window! In my opinion, your bandit “sign” idea takes the prize. Kristine

Re: The Nine Cent Solution - Posted by Jeb-TN

Posted by Jeb-TN on April 02, 2004 at 16:05:33:

Teabag,

Brilliant, fresh thinking. As soon as I save up $90.00 I’m going to toss a 1,000–hopefully I get 275 calls and buy 15-20 homes–Is this realisitc? Question–do you fold them? I was thinking I’d try paper airplanes–also- do you throw them out the passenger window or the driver’s side window?

thanks for your time,
Jeb

$500.00 Fine for Littering… - Posted by Randy (SD)

Posted by Randy (SD) on April 02, 2004 at 12:49:19:

for EACH occurance, that will be Sweeeeeet

Re: The Nine Cent Solution - Posted by Qinvestor

Posted by Qinvestor on April 02, 2004 at 10:30:59:

If I heard you correctly…you said you drive down the road? And then you just THROW them out of the window?

Are you serious?

• Q

Re: $.75 Bandit signs from Kinko’s Service - Posted by Paul_FL

Posted by Paul_FL on April 02, 2004 at 08:05:59:

so who is the mfg co that you buy signs from?
thanks
paul

Better bandit sign… - Posted by Tom Kirby (p.a)

Posted by Tom Kirby (p.a) on April 03, 2004 at 06:10:55:

Have your wife wear a thong and write on both checks
'We buy Houses" one draw back its only a summer sign.
:slight_smile:
tom

Re: The Nine Cent Solution - Posted by Alvin Teabag Williams

Posted by Alvin Teabag Williams on April 02, 2004 at 19:29:17:

Jeb,

You actually do have to fold them in half (but don’t crease them) to get them out of the window. The airplane idea seems too labor intensive to me. It’s not complicated, I’m sure you can figure it out. I would say one house per 500 ‘flyers’ is realistic.

Teabag

Come… - Posted by Falstaff

Posted by Falstaff on April 02, 2004 at 14:44:17:

…you are a tedious fool for you lack humor and wit- you are as a candle the better part burnt out.

Re: The Nine Cent Solution - Posted by Alvin Teabag Williams

Posted by Alvin Teabag Williams on April 02, 2004 at 10:53:24:

I know what your thinking, this will annoy some people. Granted it does annoy some people, but those people arent desperate to sell their house!! If you are desperate to sell your house, this isn’t going to annoy you. I find this to be much more cost effective than pounding signs into the ground. Give it try! Be sure to use an untracable 800 number from one of the services you can locate on the internet, you don’t want any nuts calling you to complain.