3 Day Eviction Letter - Posted by Steve (OH)

Posted by Jim Locker on December 18, 2000 at 15:37:02:

This particular eviction notice is NOT legal in the State of Ohio and will NOT hold up in court, since state law calls out very specific verbiage.

This is also the problem with many of the notices that you can purchase at Office supply stores. In particular, Office Max sells forms that will not be supported in municipal court.

Caveat Emptor. I emailed a Word document to Steve, which is a legal and acceptable form in this state.

For anyone who is interested, the form in Ohio MUST contain the following EXACT verbiage, preferably boxed and bold, and very conspicuous:

“YOU ARE BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE
PREMISES. IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE, AN EVICTION
ACTION MAY BE INITIATED AGAINST YOU. IF YOU
ARE IN DOUBT REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
AND OBLIGATIONS AS A TENANT, IT IS
RECOMMENDED THAT YOU SEEK LEGAL
ASSISTANCE.”

3 Day Eviction Letter - Posted by Steve (OH)

Posted by Steve (OH) on December 18, 2000 at 07:53:46:

Could someone please post an example of a 3 day eviction letter? I’ve got a deadbeat that won’t pay and I want to proceed to this step. Thank you.

Re: 3 Day Eviction Letter - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on December 18, 2000 at 13:57:41:

Here Steve,

You’ve gotta edit it a bit too, make it look pretty, etc.

I found it on the net somewhere, can’t remember.

State of _________, County of ____________________________, City of ___________________________.
DEMAND FOR COMPLIANCE OR POSSESSION
TO: ____________________________________________________________________________ and all
other tenants and/or subtenants in possession.
The landlord set forth below hereby demands that you shall within three (3) days of the time this notice is served
upon you, either comply with the condition/covenant stated below or deliver to the Landlord the possession of
the premises known as: ______________________________________________________________________

in the City of ____________________________County of _________________, State of .
The covenant/condition with which you have violated and must comply is:
[ ] Failure to pay rent in the amount of $ ______________________ for the month of _____________
[ ] Failure to pay late fees, additional rent and/or other charges in the amount of $

for _____________________________________________________.
[ ] Other : ________________________________________________________________________
which is a whole, and complete and substantial default under the terms of your lease, which default entitles the
Landlord possession of the premises.
The rental for said premises is $
per month.
Dated this _______ day of __________________, 19 ______ .

Landlord

Agent
STATE OF ________________, COUNTY OF _____________________) ss
I hereby certify that I served the within 3 DAY NOTICE this _______ day of _________, 19 at
_______am/pm by personally delivering a copy of said notice to the above named tenants by posting the same in
a conspicuous place on the premises at _________________________________________________________.

Name of Person Serving Notice Signature Date
Sworn to before me this ___ day ______________, 19

NOTARY PUBLIC, STATE OF __________. My commission expires _____________.

Re: 3 Day Eviction Letter - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on December 18, 2000 at 10:50:49:

3 day eviction notice for Ohio is most likely available at any store that sells office supplies.

Re: 3 Day Eviction Letter - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on December 18, 2000 at 08:28:49:

do you run Microsoft word 97 or later? Or Wordperfect 8 or later? If so, I’ll email you the proper form.