1967 Mobile Home - Posted by jean

Posted by Ed Calhoun on August 09, 2005 at 20:04:51:

Sorry about slow responce haven’t been back to site in awhile. Bought trailor, was already in a park , very nice very clean. Unit is in pretty good condition. Last owner put some money into it.Was inspected just befor we bought and passed no problem. Thanks…later …Ed Calhoun…

1967 Mobile Home - Posted by jean

Posted by jean on May 13, 2005 at 12:20:23:

I called on an ad and the seller is asking 3000.00 for 1967 2/1. I think he said it is 12x80. How can I find out if 3000.00 is too much. He also offered to move it to a site for 800.00. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
yen372002@yahoo.com

Re: 1967 Mobile Home - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 13, 2005 at 12:44:34:

12x 80? doubt it - perhaps 60, or more likely less.

the response you’ll receive from most areas of the country is that 3 is too much - but it really depends on your market. 3 is too much if you can buy for 1. But for the sake of discussion, I’ll give you something to chew on.

1. is it in a park?
  2. ask the PM what homes sell for in the park, comparable to this one.
  3. will it sell for at least 6K? If it would sell for 4-5 for cash, then it should work @ 6K financed.

I am thinking that 3K is a middle-to-high retail price. AND that’s what they’re ASKING - negotiate the price, after seeing it.

Re: 1967 Mobile Home - Posted by jeans

Posted by jeans on May 13, 2005 at 13:32:16:

The home is owned by a seller on his land. He just wants to sell it for cash. This would be my first deal if I buy it and I just wanted to know what to sell it for or if I should offer less cash. I am going to see it this weekend.
Thanks for the great advice. yen372002@yahoo.com

Re: 1967 Mobile Home - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 13, 2005 at 16:18:24:

but now you are moving it - do you know what THAT is going to cost? sure 800 - but what about permits, skirting, electrical hookup, blocking and leveling, tiedowns and anchoring, porches, gutters, etc.

yeah, a move is cheap. But 800 is not, and with this new information, I would REALLY need to know some more information about my market before forking over ANY money for this. I recently paid 2500 for a 1974 mover, so repairs and move and all acoutrements will be another 2500, but I can sell this for 9500 - 11500 when done. I know my market - do you?

Get all facts and numbers first - Posted by jmer@harbornet.com

Posted by jmer@harbornet.com on May 17, 2005 at 10:46:25:

As Steve (isn’t he guy who’s always harrassing everybody about lounging on the couch?) says, you need to first gather up ALL the numbers regarding a new location, the move to, and resetting the MH on the new location, and its re-sale or rental value to the retail buyer or tenant.

Then (not before)you’re ready to decide if this is a good deal or not.

Among other things you need to know is what, if any, MHPs will even take an old '67, as many MHPs don’t want any more old clunkers in their MHPs.

If you do get it, even free, you’ve got to know what you can do with it and what your cost will be.

Interesting thing about the $3000 quote to move it…I hear this kind of number a lot, but on checking with MH moving companies and people who know about the costs of getting a lot ready, the total cost always comes in a LOT higher than any $3000.

Re: isn’t he guy harrassing everybody - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on May 17, 2005 at 12:02:54:

nah . . . different guy.

;-)3

Need information… - Posted by Ed Calhoun

Posted by Ed Calhoun on May 22, 2005 at 11:47:06:

Can anyone give me information about a 1967 New Moon, Crescent mobile home.I can’t find any thing on the net about them. Any info. greately appreciated.Thanks…

Re: Need information… - Posted by Mike (Seattle WA)

Posted by Mike (Seattle WA) on May 31, 2005 at 18:28:05:

Anything that old is worth only what you pay for it. You have a place it put it I assume? Parks don’t like’em that old…